Moving and Handling course has been designed for all healthcare professionals in Gloucester, whose work involves the Moving and Handling of people. Course candidates will learn about their legal obligations with regard to manual handling and safe moving people, the consequences of poor manual handling practice and the correct actions to be taken in the event of a manual handling manoeuvre within their working environment. This fully accredited 6-hour course is created in line with the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act 1974; Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 / as amended 2002; The Guide to the Handling of People – 2011 (6th edition) / referred to as the ‘Nurses Bible’; the Royal College of Nursing’s code of practice for ‘A Safer Patient Handling Policy’ covering legislation, risk assessment, ergonomics and competence. It meets training requirements placed on healthcare employers by the CQC and HSE, and the requirements placed by the industry standards.
CERTIFICATION Moving and Handling course Gloucester
Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements.
The objectives of the qualification include supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and compliance with the inspecting body regulations.
On completion of this course, successful candidates will be able to:
- Manual Handling (The Legal Aspects)
- The Body & What can go wrong during Manual Handling
- Principles of Safe Moving & Handling
- In House Policy & Assessments
The practical training session covered the following:
- Individual from the floor
- Individual from chair to chair /toilet/commode
- Individual movement in bed
- Individual wheelchair to chair
- Individual bathroom requirements
- Individual general mobility
- Use of Hoist Moving and Handling course Gloucester