This website is owned and operated by Expert Training Ltd (“Expert Training” /”us”/ “our”/ “we”) and accessible at URL: https://expert-training.org/ . We are the controller of all personal data a (“personal information”) collected on this website (“Site”).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We are a Data Protection Registered Company with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The type of personal information we collect are company details, such as address, email and telephone number. We do not share, sell or distribute information to third parties.
What information we collect about you
Many of the services offered by the Company require us to collect Personal Data about you in order to perform our services, evaluate our marketing activities and offer our products and services.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Information that you provide to us.
We have set out below a description of the types of information about you which we may collect and process in different situations when you interact with us. The nature of our relationship with you will determine the kind of Personal Data we might ask for.
Personal Data that we generally process includes: first name, family name, email address, phone number and/or correspondence address;
- Personal Data that you submit online via our Website.
Information that we collect or generate about you.
This includes (by way of non-exhaustive list):
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data);
- information about our business relationships with you, such as a file with your contact history and/or;
- Any Personal Data that you provide to us in correspondence and during our interactions with you (including Personal Data that you provide during telephone and email communications with us, and/or via our Website).
Information we obtain about you from other sources:
Cookies: if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How we use your information
We will process Personal Data primarily to provide you with a service or product you have requested. However, there may be times when we are required to process Personal Data that is not part of our core business, for example where we have to comply with legal obligation or a public duty required of us by law.
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Maintain and improve customer experience
- For our internal purposes (e.g. quality control, Website performance and evaluation).
- To create future marketing reports.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To ensure that our Website’s is presented user friendly and as effectively as possible for you.
- For the management and administration of our business.
- Enabling quick and easy access to information on our services and products.
Please note that we will collect behavioural data about you and how you interact with the Website, including location data. This data may be used to personalise and improve your experience of the Website.
- Let people know about products and service updates
- To notify you about changes to our services and products.
- To communicate with you in order to provide you with information about our services.
- Market products and services
To provide you with information or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you. Please note that we may also use your Personal Data in testimonials that we may use for advertising purposes. We will obtain your consent to do this in advance.
- Deal with complaints
- Fulfil our legal obligations (e.g. to comply with law, regulations and internal policies and procedures).
- Equality and monitoring purposes.
- To provide information you ask for.
The legal bases for our processing of your Personal Data
We make sure that our use of Personal Data complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons, for instance where:
- We need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with you (or any organisation with which you are associated)
- We have obtained your consent;
- We may need to do so in order to establish, exercise and/or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings.
How we safeguard your information
We will keep Personal Data secure by taking appropriate technical and physical measures to protect it against the unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage.
We have controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Client files are protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted and password protected access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is stored is limited to authorised persons.
We review this Privacy Notice and our other data protection policies annually to make sure they are appropriate and up to date.
How long we keep your information
How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- the purpose for which we are using it
- legal obligations
We will not generally transfer your Personal Data to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements.
Who we share your information with
- We may share your information with our trusted partners such as payment provider services (e.g. PayPal, Stripe) for the purposes of course bookings. These third parties will be subject to appropriate confidentiality requirements and they will only use your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
- We may share your information to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
- We may share your information if we restructure or we sell our business, in which case we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer.
We may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you by post, email and/or telephone.
Our aim is to keep you up-to-date with information about relevant courses that may be of interest, however, if you feel you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you are able to ‘opt out’ of them individually at any time simply by letting us know in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us via the methods listed in the ‘How to contact us’ section below.
Your rights under data protection legislation
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to see a copy of the information we hold about you;
- where you have actively provided your consent for us to process your Personal Data, the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- the right to be removed from our mailing lists;
- the right to correct any errors in information we hold about you or to change any details you have already given us (by contacting us through the methods listed in the ‘How to contact us’ section below);
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “How to contact us” section below.
How to contact us
Phone: 0333 577 8805 (9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Post: Expert Training Ltd, No 1 Business Centre, 1 Alvin Street, Gloucester, GL1 3EJ
In the event that you would like to lodge a complaint, relating to our use of your personal data, you can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Phone: 0303 123 1113 (9am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)