INFECTION CONTROL COURSE
This Infection Control Course is designed to supply all healthcare senior staff with comprehensive knowledge about infection control practices with the care settings. This course educates about legal obligations and responsibilities with regard to infection control and infection prevention processes at work. It meets the learning outcomes for the Level 2 Clinical Staff as prescribed by Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework(CSTF), and compliance requirements placed by the Health and Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, and the Care Quality Commission competence requirements.
This course teaches topics such as the right waste disposal practices, the importance of wearing personal protective equipment and the consequences of poor infection control practices. Delegates will be able to learn about the infection control requirements and the implementation of the infection control procedures within the workplace.
✔︎ Designed by healthcare, and health and safety professionals
✔︎ Classroom-based course, delivered by a qualified trainer
✔︎ Duration 5 hours
✔︎ Healthcare trainer support
✔︎ Fully accredited and approved course (Infection Control at Level 2)
✔︎ Re-assessment opportunity with no additional charge
✔︎ Certification within 24 hours
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand legislation and legal aspects of infection control
- Understand the disease transmission process
- Know about the correct hand washing and hand gloving practices
- Understand the importance of good housekeeping within the workplace
- Know how to manage and dispose of needles and other sharps
- Know how to dispose of waste correctly
- Understand how to implement infection prevention and control measures at work
The assessment is carried out on completion of the course. You are given the chance to answer 20 questions with a 75% pass mark. If you don’t pass, don’t worry! You can re-take the test immediately with tutors support and with no extra charge.