Risk Assessment training is designed to provide all healthcare staff, who involved in the risk assessment processes, with comprehensive knowledge about their legal obligations with regard to managing health and safety at work. This 6-hour course meets training/ compliance requirements placed by the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974, a variety of Health & Safety legislation (HSE and CQC Standards) on the domiciliary care providers, care homes and supported living facilities. Candidates will learn how to identify and manage a range of hazards through the use of the risk matrix/ assessment.
This course is based around a series of exercises and a safety video clip which will enable your employees to learn about the right assessment methods in the healthcare sector.
SPECIFICATIONS RISK ASSESSMENT TRAINING
The session develops learners knowledge, understanding, and skills in the following areas:
- Legal obligations with regard to health and safety
- Range of hazards and the harms within the workplace environment
- Hierarchy of hazard controls that could be put in place to minimize hazards
- Risk matrix risk assessment method to prioritize where controls are needed
- Risk assessment processes in their workplace
Risk Assessment (Level 2)
Upon successful completion and return of the session’s questionnaire.
The objectives of the qualification include supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Health & Safety Law
- Why Safety is Managed
- Hazard Identification
- Recognition of Harm
- Hierarchy of Risk Controls
- Numerical Risk Calculation
- Risk Assessment in Practice
- Different Types of Assessments
As part of managing the health and safety of your business, you must control the risks in your workplace. To do this you need to think about what might cause harm to people and decide whether you are taking reasonable steps to prevent that harm. This is known as risk assessment and it is something you are required by law to carry out. If you have fewer than five employees you don’t have to write anything down.
Training Venue: Gloucester