Training material for this course is designed in line with current guidelines published by the Resuscitation Council (UK) and the current first-aid manual of the St John Ambulance. It teaches delegates both the ability and knowledge to deal with real life first aid emergencies in and out of the workplace.
Conditions/ injuries and practices covered by this course:
- Responsibilities and Legal Aspects
- First Aider Priorities
- Assessment and Evaluation of the Situation
- CPR and AED (includes Paediatric First Aid)
- Recovery Position (includes Paediatric First Aid)
- Heart Attack
- Choking (includes Paediatric First Aid)
- Eye Injury
- Bleeding/ Severe Bleeding
- Spinal Injury
- Scalds and Burns
- Electric Shock
- First Aid Kit
Blended: adults and paediatric practices.
Paediatric First Aid Course Gloucester
Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements.
The objectives of the qualification include supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
LEARNING OUTCOMES PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID COURSE GLOUCESTER
On completion of this training course, successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the First Aider
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer help to a casualty who is unconscious (includes Paediatric First Aid)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) (includes Paediatric First Aid)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking (includes Paediatric First Aid)
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Knowing what action should be taken in the event of an emergency occurring at work
- Knowing how first aid stocks should be maintained and the contents of boxes
Training Venue: Gloucester