Manual Handling training provides the necessary practical skills and knowledge for those employees who are starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in handling loads in Gloucester area. This course is an essential training requirement for all staff who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force. This course is run over a full day session and enables employers to meet training requirements placed by the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974; Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended 2002) on businesses by industry standards. The Level 2 session provides an effective means of ensuring that the worker is aware of their responsibilities and understand the principles of the safe moving and lifting of a load.
SPECIFICATIONS MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING GLOUCESTER
The session develops learners knowledge, understanding and skills in the following areas:
- Legal obligations with regard to Manual Handling Training Gloucester
- Consequences of poor practice
- Actions to be taken in the event of a manual handling manoeuvre being required within their working environment
- Correct manoeuvre for use on a range of different manual handling situations
- Practical elements
Manual Handling of Loads (Level 2)
Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and manual handling course practical elements
The objectives of the qualification include supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Manual Handling (The Legal Aspects)
- The Body & What can go wrong during Manual Handling
- Principles of Safe Moving & Handling
- In House Policy & Assessments
- Practical Training Session
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, as amended in 2002 (‘the Regulations’) apply to a wide range of manual handling activities, including lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling or carrying. The load may be either animate, such as a person or an animal, or inanimate, such as a box or a trolley.
Training Venue: Gloucester