OFFICE SAFETY/ DISPLAY SCREEN EQUIPMENT AWARENESS
This Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Awareness course is designed to ensure office safety for those individuals, who work with display screen equipment at work. The course enables learners to acquire essential knowledge about ergonomics, consequences of poor DSE practices, the correct DSE setups and the environments. Course candidates will also learn their and their employer legal obligations and responsibilities. The course familiarises learners with risks and hazards associated with ergonomics and enables them to learn about the correct practices, postures and workstation layouts.
✔︎ Designed by health and safety industry experts in line with compliance requirements set by the current UK Health and Safety Legislation
✔︎ Visually engaging, tutor-led course
✔︎ Approximate duration 1- 1.5 hours
✔︎ E-learning course – learn at your own pace, save on cost and cut on travel time
✔︎ Multiple re-assessment opportunities with no additional charge
✔︎ Approved course by IIRSM
✔︎ Immediate access to a nationally recognised and approved certificate upon completion
We are confident in the high quality of our tutor-led interactive courses. Therefore, you are welcome to complete the first module of this course for free. Please, register your interest with immediate access to all our course demos.
This Display Screen Equipment Awareness course contains eight interactive modules and includes a brief assessment at the end of each module. These include:
Module 1: Introduction to DSE for Risk Assessors
- Introduction – who needs to be assessed.
- So What is DSE?- DSE definition; the effects of bad DSE practice on health; employer and employee legal responsibilities.
- Key Actions – workplace set up to ensure employee wellbeing and safety with regard to DSE.
Module 2: Legislation
- The DSE Legislation – employer and employee legal obligations; legislation; easy guides to DSE and VDU; in what circumstances regulations apply to DSE; when regulations do not apply to DSE.
Module 3: Protecting Your Body
- Protecting Your Body- ill-health associated with the DSE; DSE risks at the workplace; requirements for safe working environment;
- Understanding Accidents in the Workplace – how to manage accidents at work; the triangle of behavioural management; responsible individuals for behavioural safety; system failures and risk assessment reviews.
Module 4: Adjusting Your Chair
- Adjusting Your Chair – chair requirements for DSE safety; how to set up a chair and to avoid risks; the correct sitting positions.
Module 5: Adjusting Your Screen
- Adjusting Your Screen – safe screen adjustments and practices.
- Module 6: Work Arrangements
- Work Arrangements – safe working environments and practices.
- Module 7: Adjusting tLayoutyot of Your Workstation
- Workstation Layout- ergonomics of work station; workstation practices.
Module 8: Adjusting Your Work Environment
Adjusting Your Work Environment – environmental elements to ensure health and safety of the DSE user; the correct requirements for ligh, temperatures and noise within the workplace.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The office safety DSE Regulations apply to anyone whose work involves the regular use of display screen equipment. Thus, this course is suitable for employees who use DSE as part of their job role on a daily basis. This includes office, reception, shop floor and other employees, where DSE work is essential.
This course provides learners with an awareness knowledge, if you are looking to become a certified DSE assessor in your workplace, please choose the DSE Assessor Training.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is DSE and why DSE training is important to their role
- Know DSE legislation and the DSE users and their employer legal responsibilities
- Know how to undertake a DSE assessment of own workstation
- Understand how to set up the workstation correctly to minimise health risks
- Understand how to operate DSE and use the correct practices
The online assessment is carried out on completion of each module. The pass mark for this course is 70%. You will be given the chance to review all videos and your answers at the end of each module before final submission. If you don’t pass, don’t worry! You can re-take each test up to 6 times with no extra charge.
Do you have a question about this course?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 6119
- Assessments Yes