MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING
This Online Manual Handling training course is designed to provide knowledge for those all employees who handle loads within the workplace. This course is a compulsory training requirement for all staff who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force. It helps individuals and organisations to understand more about the risks associated with manual handling operations, how to undergo a risk assessment, and how to ensure effective practices and control measures. This course meets training requirements placed by the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974; Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended 2002) on businesses by industry standards.
✔︎ Designed by health and safety industry experts, in line with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
✔︎ Visually engaging, tutor-led course
✔︎ Approximate duration 1.5 – 2 hours
✔︎ E-learning course – learn at your own pace, save on cost and cut on travel time
✔︎ Multiple re-assessment opportunities with no additional charge
✔︎ Approved course by IIRSM and CPD
✔︎ Immediate access to a nationally recognised and approved certificate upon completion
We are confident in the high quality of our tutor-led interactive courses. Therefore, you are welcome to complete the first module of this course for free. Please, register your interest with immediate access to all our course demos.
This Manual Handling online training course contains six interactive modules and includes a brief assessment at the end of each module. These include:
Module 1: What is Manual Handling?
- What is Manual Handling?
- Possible Consequences of Incorrect Manual Handling
- Basic Anatomy
Module 2: Manual Handling Regulations
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Complying with the regulations
- Can you do it differently?
- Avoiding Manual Handling
Module 3: Learning Safe Handling Habits
- Safe Handling
- The back is a complex structure?
Module 4: Practical Manual Handling Solutions
- Learning Safe Handling Habits
Module 5: Use of Mechanical Aids
- Practical Manual Handling Solutions
- Know Your Limits
- Handling Safely
- Examples of Manual Handling and WRULDs
Module 6: Safe Handling
- Use Of Mechanical aids
- The Range of Mechanical Aids available
- Animate Manual Handling
- Safe Use of Mechanical Aids
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This online Manual Handling training course is aimed at all levels of employees, who undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting or supporting of a load by hand or bodily force, within the workplace. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Labourers, building and construction workers
- Warehouse and logistics workers
- Office staff
- Health and Social Care employees
- Delivery drivers
- Farmhand workers
Please note, this is an awareness course. Thus, depending on your organisational policies and procedures, you may be required to complete a practical skills session. You can get in touch with us to arrange onsite training.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is Manual Handling operations and explain the common causes of injury
- Understand the employers and employees legal obligations and the duties
- Learn how to recognise manual handling hazards
- Understand the consequences of poor manual handling practice
- Understand the control measures that can be put in place to reduce the risk of harm
- Understand safe handling practices and learn how to use mechanical aids
The online assessment is carried out on completion of each module. The pass mark for this course is 75%. You will be given the chance to review all your answers at the end of each module before final submission. If you don’t pass, don’t worry! You can re-take each test up to 6 times with no extra charge.
Do you have a question about this course?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 4092
- Assessments Yes