This Behavioural Safety training is designed for all employers and in all industries, to learn about the effective behavioural management practices of their employees. It covers analysis of ‘at-risk’ behaviours at work, measures and steps that need to be taken in order to promote good behaviours, and a positive approach to an organisational behavioural safety practice. Course candidates will learn how to implement successful behaviour management programmes and processes within the business in order to ensure wellbeing, safety and productivity of their workers.
✔︎ Designed by health and safety industry experts in line with compliance requirements set by the current UK Health and Safety Legislation
✔︎ Visually engaging, animated voice over course
✔︎ Approximate duration 45 min – 1 hour
✔︎ E-learning course – learn at your own pace, save on cost and cut on travel time
✔︎ Multiple re-assessment opportunities with no additional charge
✔︎ Approved course by IIRSM
✔︎ Immediate access to a nationally recognised and approved certificate upon completion
We are confident in the high quality of our tutor-led interactive courses. Therefore, you are welcome to complete the first module of this course for free. Please, register your interest with immediate access to all our course demos.
This animated Behavioural Safety training course contains five interactive modules and includes a brief assessment at the end of each module. These include:
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to the course
- Health and Safety – health and safety paradigm.
- Accident Rates and Vulnerable Workers – statistics and vulnerabilities.
Module 2: Essential Terms and Business Benefits
- The Evolution of Health and Safety – the UK workplace safety record origins; behavioural safety origins.
- What Is Behavioural Safety? – behavioural safety definition; observational practice; the role of observers; workplace culture.
- What Do We Mean by Human Factors? – human factors definition; human factors that must be taken in to account by the management with regard to behavioural safety.
- The Business Benefits – benefits of successful behavioural safety programme within the organisations.
Module 3: How Behavioral Safety Works
- Understanding at-risk behaviour- definition of behaviour; reasons for at-risk behaviour at work; at-risk behaviour and risk assessments; behavioural safety approach process.
- Understanding Accidents in the Workplace – how to manage accidents at work; the triangle of behavioural management; responsible individuals for behavioural safety; system failures and risk assessment reviews.
- Decision Making – wisdom-driven practices and safety.
Module 4: Setting up a Programme
- Setting up a Successful Behavioural Safety Programme – four phases to set up an effective behavioural safety initiative within the organisation.
- Phases 3 and 4 of the behavioural safety programme.
- Feedback – three forms of feedback; employee and management feedback practices.
- Dynamic Risk Assessment – dynamic risk assessment definition; 3Cs of the feedback loop and risk assessments; employees’ dynamic risk assessment within the workplace as part of the behavioural safety programme;
Module 5: Ensuring Positive Workforce Attitudes
- How to Ensure Positive Workforce Attitudes – a positive approach to the behavioural safety programme; the importance of involving all employees.
- Workforce Issues – workforce resistance and employer response.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This online behavioural training is aimed at employers in all industries and sectors who need help to manage their teams’ behaviours within the workplace. This course helps management staff to sustain safe and productive workers’ behaviours and health and safety practices within the business.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of behavioural safety within the workplace culture
- Recognise behavioural safety issues within the organisation and individual differences of all employees
- Learn how to manage behavioural safety at work
- Understand how to reduce challenging and bad behaviours within the organisation
- Understand how to implement successful behavioural safety programmes within the workplace
The online assessment is carried out on completion of each module. The pass mark for this course is 70%. You will be given the chance to review all videos and your answers at the end of each module before final submission. If you don’t pass, don’t worry! You can re-take each test up to 6 times with no extra charge.
Do you have a question about this course?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 3209
- Assessments Yes