Fire Marshal Course provides an accredited and nationally recognised certificate designed for those organisations and individuals who need to acquire comprehensive knowledge about fire management and prevention within the workplace. This is a full day course designed in compliance with the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974; Fire Safety Act; the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. It assists any employee and/ or an employer in achieving full compliance with the current fire safety regulations.
Course candidates will gain crucial skills, knowledge and competence to oversee and manage everyone’s safety within the workplace. They will also learn how to ensure fire safety measures are met and evacuation procedures are followed within the business.
The session develops learners knowledge, understanding, and skills in the following areas:
- Staff legal obligations with regard to fire safety
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire occurring at work
- Fire extinguisher types and the correct use on a range of different fires
- Occurrence and spread of a fire
- How to reduce the risk of fire occurring in the workplace
- How to reduce the risk of fire occurring at home
- Fire Marshal duties that are undertaken in the event of a fire
Fire Marshal (Level 2)
Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire.
The objectives of the qualification include supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Principles of Fire Safety
- Fire Safety in the Workplace
- Domestic Fire Safety
- Fire Prevention
- Principal duties of the Fire Marshal
- Fire Marshal duties when a fire is discovered
Employers (and/or building owners or occupiers) must carry out a fire safety risk assessment and keep it up to date. This shares the same approach as health and safety risk assessments and can be carried out either as part of an overall risk assessment or as a separate exercise. Based on the findings of the assessment, employers need to ensure that adequate and appropriate fire safety measures are in place to minimize the risk of injury or loss of life in the event of a fire.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All Levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes